Monday, May 05, 2008

The Polyclinic Mural, Part 1


Seattle's Polyclinic commissioned Artworks, a local non-profit organization working with at-risk youth and kids already in the Corrections system, to create murals which will be installed over the next few years on a fence surrounding some undeveloped property adjacent to their HQ. I had the opportunity to design the first two of these pieces, each 8 feet by 16 feet. The project has been very gratifying, not least due to the really wonderful skills brought to bear by the team --- Johnny, Nat, DesireƩ, and Duq. The next component will be installed later in May (It turned out amazingly well; I'll post it when it's up).
Incidentally, I plan to hire one of the participants to help me on a very large project in the works for Lowell Elementary, my daughter Jahnavi's school.

No comments: